What is Considered Transferable Credit?
Transferable credit is college-level academic credit completed at a regionally accredited institution. Credits considered developmental, remedial, technical, or vocational will not transfer for admission purposes. Students wishing to utilize technical or vocational courses should consult an advisor.
Credit completed at a non-regionally accredited institution may be reviewed for articulation at the student’s request. Credit must be considered academic and the instructor is required to hold a minimum of 18 graduate credits in the course discipline. The student will be required to submit the following information:
- Documentation from the institution stating the instructor of the course as well as their curriculum vitae/educational background.
- Contact information of who provided the above documentation.
- Any additional documentation requested by Transfer Services.
Documentation may be delivered via the following methods:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- Mailed to Transfer Services Box T-0030 Stephenville, TX 76402
- Delivered in person to any campus.
If you are a previous Tarleton student but didn’t attend for a long semester (spring or fall) and didn’t attend any other institution since leaving, you are considered a readmit student.
Requirements for Admission
Applicants must be eligible to enroll at all previously attended regionally accredited institutions and submit official transcripts. The following minimum standards must be met:
- 30 or more transferable credits
- 2.00 GPA
- TSI complete
Requirements are subject to changes as outlined from the Academic Standards Committee.
Students must request any previously attended regionally accredited institution to send their official transcript(s) to us. We accept official transcripts via the following methods:
Electronically through (provide [email protected] if a recipient email is requested):
- National Student Clearinghouse
Emailed officially from the institution to [email protected]
Mailed in a sealed envelope to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
General Education information can be found on the catalog under General Education Requirements.