State of Texas Uniform Admissions Policy (UAP)
The Texas Education Code (TEC) 51.803-51.809 requires that all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be considered for admission to a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the recommended or advanced high school program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT or SAT assessment.
- Old SAT: 1500 out of 2400 (Critical Reading, Math AND Writing)
- New SAT: 1090 out of 1600 (Evidence Based Reading, Writing, and Math)
- ACT: 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Math and 24 Science
Texas Public and Private High Schools
Students applying to Tarleton State University from a non-Texas public high school are required to submit a completed high school certification form along with your high school transcript. Please select one of the forms listed below, download the form to complete and return to:
- Texas Private High School Certification Form 1 (for students who did NOT complete IPC prior to 2010-2011)
- Texas Private High School Certification Form 2 (for students who complete IPC prior to 2010-2011)
- Texas Private High School Certification Form 3 (for students graduating under the Foundation High School Program in 2014-2015 or later)
Requirements are subject to changes outlined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.