Creative Activities Criteria
To qualify as an Applied Learning Experience in Creative Activity:
- Projects may be sought independently or as part of a course (to include Independent Study or Problems-type courses).
- Students must have a faculty mentor whose responsibility is to actively guide them through the creative process
- Projects must be original, or have an original component, so they have the potential to contribute new information to the discipline
- The ultimate project goal (fulfilled or not) must be that the results will be shared with others in the form of a performance or public presentation
- Each student must spend at least 35 hours on the experience.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of a creative activity applied learning experience the student will be able to:
- Formulate a plan for creative activity and present their creative activity effectively
- Apply knowledge and skills in new, authentic contexts.
- Demonstrate new skills or increased expertise in an established area of creative activity.
- Appreciate the significance of aesthetic products and creative activities
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical behavior regarding intellectual and artistic property