Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Business
The Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) degree in Business is designed to provide a broad-based curriculum alternative to Learners. The program utilizes prior business-related technical or vocational coursework, documented employer training records, continuing education credits, or certifications as sources of credit. Documented Military courses or training and related transcripts can also qualify students for this program. The program is intended to allow students seeking a bachelor’s degree to complete coursework quickly.
Each prospective BAAS student is evaluated individually to determine eligibility for the degree program. Prior learning credits can account for 12 to 33 of the 120 credit hours required for this program. Students must qualify with a minimum of 12 semester credit hour equivalents of technical/vocational or training to pursue this degree program. Our program will equip students with the necessary skills for success in today’s competitive workplace.
Designed with You in Mind
The program is designed for students who desire a bachelor’s degree for self-enrichment, advancement in their current career, or interest in pursuing one of Tarleton’s Graduate degrees.
Jump Right In
Whether your career started with military specialization, a technical program, career training, or professional certification, Tarleton recognizes that higher education happens outside the classroom. The hours and training will be evaluated to determine the number of college credits earned.
What credits transfer?
- Coursework must be related to the subject matter taught in the COB. It must be documented (transcripts, certificate of completion, employer training records, etc.) Each prospective BAAS student is evaluated individually to determine eligibility for the degree program.
- If you are core complete (or component area complete) at another Texas public college or university, you will be considered core complete at Tarleton
- A maximum of 90 credit hours can be applied to a 120-credit hour bachelor’s degree
- View the B.A.A.S. Business degree advising guide under the College of Business
120 credit hours (4 years)
- Stephenville, Fort Worth1, Midlothian1 Online1, Waco1
- 1Admission to the off-campus locations requires a minimum of 30 transferable credit hours, a 2.0 GPA and that a student be TSI complete.
Prior Learning Coursework Highlights
|42||General Education Requirements|
|75||Total General Education and Prior Learning|
* Students who qualify with less than 33 hours Prior Learning Credits will need sufficient elective hours to reach the 120 hours required.
Business Coursework Highlights
|75||Total General Education and Prior Learning|
|3||ACCT 3300||Accounting Concepts|
|3||BCIS 1305||Business Computer Applications|
|3||BCIS 4350||Management Information Systems|
|3||BUSI 2301||Business Law I|
|3||BUSI 2311||Business Statistics|
|3||BUSI 3312 [WI]||Business Communication|
|3||BUSI 4344||Introduction to International Business|
|3||BUSI 4359 [WI]||Business Strategy|
|3||ECON 2301 [shared]||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|3||FINC 3301||Principles of Financial Management|
|3||MGMT 3300||Principles of Management|
|12||Advanced Electives* from ACCT, ADMS, BCIS, ECON, FINC, BUSI, BLAW, REST, MGMT, MKTG|
WI-Writing Intensive Shared – The program requires this course as part of the General Ed Requirements.
For more information on courses, please refer to the university catalog.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Not what you were looking for? Tarleton State University offers over 100 different degrees and certifications that may be of interest to you, including:
- B.S.A.S Business Administration
- B.A.A.S Information Technology
- B.B.A. Management
- B.B.A. Human Resource Management
- M.S. Management
- M.S. Human Resource Management
- M.B.A. Business Administration
Plan Your Future
A B.A.A.S. degree in Business is designed for hardworking individuals that desire to learn the skills they will need in today's competitive job market. This degree offers many different career opportunities including:
This degree program offers a variety of hands-on experience through student organizations such as Delta Mu Delta, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (CEO). In addition, the College of Business provides several study abroad opportunities to countries such as, Ireland, Austria, and Italy.
Career Services offers students a wide variety of professional development opportunities that can translate into careers. A few of these programs include:
Career counseling and My Plan
And much more!
Facilities and Features
CEO is an organization with more than 500 chapters on campuses throughout the world. It is a student organization that offers excellent networking opportunities and serves as an informational resource for prospective entrepreneurs.
Delta Mu Delta is an honor society for students who are pursuing a business-related degree. Becoming a member of Delta Mu Delta is an honor indicative of earnest, intelligent purpose and rewarding achievement.
The Tarleton State University - Cross Timbers SHRM chapter is affiliated nationally with the Society for Human Resource Management. SHRM serves the needs of human resource management professionals through the most advanced resources available.