Overview

The EdD concentration in Educational Technology Leadership will prepare you for a variety of leadership career options within higher education, K-12, and industry, and will equip you to effectively facilitate technology innovation and change.

You will develop and apply appropriate strategies for your own context with regard to:

• Providing visionary technology leadership;
  • Fostering a culture of innovation;
  • Promoting and guiding professional development programs; and
  • Evaluating and refining initiatives for systemic improvement.

Program Logistics

• Three-Year, Cohort-Based Program
  • Hybrid Classes to Fit Your Busy Schedule
  • Dissertation in Practice Model
  • Affordable Tuition 
Commencement COGS EdD 0346

They say time flies when you’re having fun. While it may be hard to believe now, in just three short years through our cohort model, you can complete your doctoral-level coursework and carry the title ‘Doctor’. With that title comes great responsibility – to inspire and facilitate innovation as a leader in educational technology. Your doctoral program at Tarleton will ensure you’re well-equipped to meet that challenge head-on.

Learn more about graduate studies at Tarleton! 

Program Highlights

• Innovative and carefully crafted hybrid coursework
  • Preparation for a variety of leadership positions
  • Utilization of technology for innovation and change
  • Opportunities for real-world application of content and ideas

Coursework Highlights

ClassNumberClass Name
EDTC6360Facilitating Instructional Innovation in Education
EDTC6361Visionary Planning to Transform Learning with Technology
EDTC6362Implementing Technology Strategy and Systems
EDTC6363Promoting Continuous Professional Learning
rusty maynard

The courses in this program have better prepared me for my role as the director of technology for Lago Vista ISD, overseeing the entire technology department for the district. They have provided valuable resources and allowed me to grow my PLN to a larger community of educators from all different fields.

Rusty Maynard, Alumnus

Facilities and Features

holly collier1

The learning experiences in my EDTC course work at Tarleton State prepared me for numerous opportunities, including my current role as Director of Distance Learning for Trinity Valley Community College. I have led universities through Learning Management migrations and continue to develop professional development programs for faculty in higher education. The program provided me with pertinent experiences to build my knowledge about education, technology, and leadership. The program not only prepared me to be a leader in the field today, but prepared me for the future of instructional technology and design.

Holly Collier, Alumnus