Quality and Engineering Management
The completion of this degree provides a pathway for employees who hold degrees in technical and non-technical areas to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be more successful in all areas of manufacturing and technical management. The robustness of the courses taught in the program provides critical skills for advancing into leadership positions.
- Designed to provide individuals with baccalaureate degrees in technology or business-related fields with an in-depth study of the organizational, technical, and strategic tools commonly used to manage in technical organizations
- Targeted to working professionals and other individuals who have a technical background, but are seeking to expand their knowledge across these disciplines
- Emphasizes the applications of these tools to address quality, technology implementation, and productivity issues in manufacturing-related industries to help manufacturers standardize procedures, measure performance, improve customer satisfaction, and manage resources more wisely
30 Hour Program
The Master of Science in Quality and Engineering Management is a 30-hour program. The program is offered with two options:
- Option 1 – Non-thesis – complete 30 hours of QEM coursework.
- Option 2 – Thesis – prepare a thesis (6 hours of ENGT 5088). The student will complete 24 hours of QEM coursework in addition to the thesis hours.