Tarleton Society of Engineering Technology (TSET)
Tarleton Society of Engineering Technology (TSET) is a social, service, and professional society with membership open to anyone in the department of Engineering Technology. The members of TSET demonstrate an attitude of professional interest and involvement in the classroom as well as on the TSU campus. The society is active in professional development and provides leadership development through seminars, sponsored meetings, guest lectures, and industry tours that enhance the professional education of its members. Also, visit TSET on Facebook.
Faculty contacts: Dr. George Mollick
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®) is a global professional member society dedicated to enabling growth and innovation in the aerospace, transportation, construction, energy, marine, and industrial application industries. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique forum for scientists, engineers, and academicians. We unite academia, research institutes, government labs, and industry, providing the most comprehensive and diverse membership for advanced materials engineering. You can get more information from SAMPE’s webpage.
Faculty contact: Mr. Daren Davis
Associated General Contractors (AGC) Student Chapter
Membership in an AGC Student Chapter provides young professionals with an opportunity to observe and develop their skills with current industry leaders. AGC of America, in conjunction with our local Chapters, supports more than 170 Student Chapters nationwide.
Faculty contact: Dr. Orlando Bagcal
National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Student Chapter
NAHB’s Student Chapter program is dedicated to enriching students’ educational experience and offers first-hand exposure to the real world of the building industry through membership, educational programming, and networking opportunities.
- Networking – Gain access to industry professionals and join special interest groups that target specific disciplines within the home building industry. nahb.org/networking
- Knowledge – Learn new ideas products, resources, and strategies you can use to improve your business with educational courses. nahb.org/knowledge
- Expertise – Stay up to date with the latest industry news, trends, and analysis of economic, business, regulatory, legislative, and technological issues. nahb.org/expertise
Faculty contact: Dr. Orlando Bagcal
For more than seven decades, SWE has given women engineers a unique place and voice within the engineering industry. Our organization is centered around a passion for our members’ success and continues to evolve with the challenges and opportunities reflected in today’s exciting engineering and technology specialties.
We invite you to explore the values, principles, and priorities that guide our initiatives and learn how together, WE can continue to make a lasting impact on the future.
- Networking – Gain access to industry professionals and join special interest groups that target specific disciplines within the home building industry.
- Scholarships – SWE Scholarships support those who identify as a woman and pursue an ABET-accredited bachelor or graduate student program in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology, and computer science globally. In 2021, SWE disbursed 290 new and renewed scholarships valued at more than $1,220,000!
Faculty contact: Dr. Lynal Albert