Trying to figure out what to pack before moving into your residence hall can be overwhelming. Luckily, Tarleton has already provided a few things in your room, including furniture. Your room includes:
- Micro-fridge (mini refrigerator/microwave combo)
- Extra-long twin bed and mattress (Centennial, Hunewell/Annex, Legends, Legacy, Honors Shared Doubles, Texan Village)
- Full size bed and mattress (Integrity, Traditions North & South, Honors 2 Bedroom Suites and Apartments, Texan Hall)
- Desk and chair
- Small dresser
- Window blinds or shades
You are not allowed to bring personal refrigerators or AC window units.
Here are a few things that are prohibited in the halls:
- Electric skillets, deep fryers, toaster ovens, grills (indoor or outdoor)
- Extension cords (bring surge protector strips instead)
- Multi-plug outlet extensions
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps, all flexible-neck lamps
- Candles, fireworks, weapons and/or ammunition
- Outside antennas
- Traffic signs
- Decorative Christmas/party lights
- Products that could damage paint/wall surfaces (e.g., nails, screws)
- Steel-tipped darts and dartboards
- Alcoholic beverages or decorative items made from alcoholic containers (regardless of age)
- Pets (exception includes a fish in a 10 gallon tank or smaller)
- Open coil heating elements, such as toasters
- Additional Micro-fridge, mini-fridge or microwave (appliances are provided)
- Any appliance or electronic device that does not have a UL listing attached to it.
What to Expect on Move-in Day
Our team works to ensure that Move-In Day is as easy as possible for you and your family. Here are the steps to take and what you can expect when you arrive.
- Arrive to your designated reporting location (watch your email for additional information)
- Once you have made it to the unloading zone directly in front of your residence hall, you will receive a check-in packet.
If possible, please make sure a driver remains with your vehicle(s)
- Volunteers will unload the vehicle.
- Your vehicle(s) will need to immediately be moved to a designated parking area.
- Volunteers will assist you with carrying your items to your assigned room.
- Someone should remain with your belongings until all items are secure in your room.
- Most of all, relax! We’re here to help.