Become a Teacher or Coach
You can obtain you teaching certificate through the Teacher Education Program (TEP) by choosing a concentration in All-level certification. You can also obtain a teaching certificate through the Tarleton Model for Accelerated Teacher Education Program (TMATE).
Become a Fitness Professional
You can become a:
Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Preparation for the CSCS is embedded in the KINE 3320 – Theory of Strength & Conditioning course. NOTE: The CSCS exam may only be taken during the final semester of the senior year or upon graduation.
Personal Trainer Certification (CPT) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- The CPT opportunity is embedded in the KINE 2380 – Essentials of Personal Training course.
Sports Nutrition Specialist (SSN) through the International Sports Sciences Association
- The SSN opportunity is embedded in the KINE 3360 – Sports Nutrition course.
Tactical Strength and Conditioning Facilitator (TSAC-F) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- The TSAC-F opportunity is embedded in the KINE 3333- Tactical Strength and Conditioning course.
Exercise Therapy Certification (ETC) through the International Sports Sciences Association
- The ETC opportunity is embedded in the KINE 3385 – Program Design for Special Populations course.
Group Fitness Instructor (GFI) through the American Council on Exercise
- The GFI opportunity is embedded in the KINE 2390 – Fundamentals for Group Exercise Training course.