Pre Licensure BSN (Traditional BSN)

I am a Transfer Student

The process to apply for program admissions is a highly competitive process. Pre Licensure (traditional) student entry offered only at the main campus in Stephenville.

spring gates

Step #2: Request to take Prenursing Courses

If you are transferring to Tarleton State University for the Pre Licensure BSN (Traditional BSN), you will need to contact an advisor about what transferred class will be accepted. Before you can apply to the School of Nursing Traditional BSN entry, the prenursing courses must be completed. Students must apply and meet admission criteria to take the prenursing courses. If requesting of prenursing credit courses from other universities, you must submit request and details to the Department Head for pre licensure nursing and/or Assistant Dean. Acceptance of these prenursing course credits from other universities is not guaranteed. 

The prenursing application must be completed online at the below link. Paper applications will not be accepted.

Request Form:

Do I need to meet with an advisor? FAQ

male female nursing students

Deadline for Application:

• Fall Applications are open January 15th and closes 11:59 PM CST on February 15th
  • Spring Applications are open August 15th and closes 11:59 PM CST on November 15th.

How can I retake a prenursing course? Refer to the progression policy of the School of Nursing and Program Information on the Student Resource Page.

Application Materials

1. Completed HESI A2 in required testing areas (send to Undergraduate Admissions)
  2. Electronic Copy of Fee Payment Receipt (upload with electronic application)

FAQ’S

When will I be notified of my acceptance? Student applying for the spring will be notified late December. Students applying for the fall will be notified in June.

How do I reapply into the program if I was not accepted previously? You will reapply.

Where can I take my HESI A2? Stephenville Campus Testing Center. Testing Center

What sections of the HESI A2 do I need to take? English (reading, grammar, and vocabulary), Math, A&P, Learning Styles, and Critical Thinking.

Please refer to the Traditional BSN Program Guide.